Although these resources are organized by categories, we understand that our mind, body, and soul are intertwined. We seek to grow and be transformed in our relationships with God, self, and the world around us.
Connecting with God
- Common Prayer is a tapestry of daily prayers inviting faith communities from around the world to pray together. At this site, you’ll find prayers for every evening, morning, and midday that celebrate the best of the Christian tradition and engage with the most pressing issues of our world today.
- Daily devotionals – from Biblegateway.com. Here are some examples…
- The NIV 365 Day Devotional – A short, daily exploration of the Bible, written to inspire and encourage you as you live out your faith in your everyday life.
- S. Lewis Daily – A daily passage from the writings of C.S. Lewis, one of the most beloved Christian authors of the 20th century (and author of the Narnia books).
- 40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer – Explore the meaning of faith, suffering, and grace in this devotional journey with WW2 pastor and martyr.
- Lectio Divina (From existing Group Leader Resources). Lectio Divina is the sacred practice of listening and reading Scripture. This outline is designed to help you learn how to listen on purpose and hear from God, bringing a fresh and joyful experience of God and his Word.
- Prayer Acronym (from existing Group Leader Resources) An approach to prayer based on the Lord’s prayer, providing easy to remember titles for various aspects of prayer.
- Prayer – Celtic Daily (from existing Group Leader Resources). Various prayers based on the ancient Celtic tradition.
- Prayer – Sounds of the Eternal (from existing Group Leader Resources) Various prayers for morning and evening.
- Prayer – Guerrilas of Grace (from existing Group Leader Resources) Includes a number of prayer topics, written to enhance focusing on and seeking direction from our heavenly Father.
- We Make The Road by Walking – a book by Brian McLaren. This book offers everything you need to explore what a difference an honest, living, growing faith can make in our world today. It also puts tools in your hands to create a life-changing learning community in any home, restaurant, or other welcoming space.
- The Good and Beautiful God – a book by James Bryan. This book leads you through a process of spiritual formation that includes specific activities aimed at making biblical narratives real in your body and soul as well as your mind. At the end of each chapter you’ll find an opportunity for soul training, engaging in spiritual practices that reinforce the biblical messages on your mind and heart.
- Cloud Townsend Resources – Life is often difficult. Christian psychologists Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer insights for the challenging situations we face in life.
- Margaret Feinberg – Margaret was recently named one of 50 women most shaping culture and the church today. Through her books, devotionals, and blogs, Margaret shares her insights about God, life, struggle and joy.
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality – by Peter Scazzero. Emotional maturity and spiritual maturity are inseparable. It is not possible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.
- The Good and Beautiful Life – by James Bryan Smith. Following the Sermon on the Mount, this book guides us to look behind our character flaws which so often mess up our lives and to replace our false beliefs with Jesus’ narratives about life in the kingdom of God.
- Renovation of the Heart – by Dallas Willard. As God’s people, we know that we are new creations in Jesus. So we try to act differently, hoping this will make us more like Him. But changing our outward behavior doesn’t change our hearts. Only by God’s grace can we be transformed internally. What we need is the “transformation of the spirit”― a divine process that “brings every element in our being, working from inside out, into harmony with the will of God.”
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. This book presents a transformative new vision for the way we lead, love, work, parent, and educate that teaches us the power of vulnerability.
Relationships with others
- Boundaries – A weekly devotional about family, relationships, and the challenge of setting boundaries in your life, drawn from the Boundaries book series by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.
- Cloud Townsend Resources – We often need help navigating the relational part of life. Christian psychologists Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer insights for the various relationships we face in life (work, dating, marriage, parenting, etc.).
- The Good and Beautiful Community – by James Bryan Smith. This book focuses on how to bring spiritual formation and community engagement together. Smith’s insight and humility as a fellow learner with us will lead us to live in authentic ways as a good and beautiful community of Christ-followers, shining the light of the Spirit into every relationship.
- We have care groups for those seeking health and healing. See our current groups HERE.
- If you would like more information on our Marital/Pre-Marital programs, please click here.
- If you are struggling with an addiction, please e-mail us at email@example.com
- If you would like to see a list of counselors in the area, click here.